Error #987 in Source-Live Pro LL
This article contains troubleshooting information
Error #987: your passkey must be at least 3 characters long and make sure that you are not streaming on another device.
Source-Live | Low-Latency | All Systems
When users try to click "START STREAMING" in Source-Live Pro LL to begin a streaming session, they receive the following error message:
There are two possible causes for this error message:
- Your passkey is not long enough.
- You are actively streaming on another device.
- On very rare occasions, this error might be caused by a server issue on our side.
In order to fix the first scenario, follow these steps:
- In Source-Live, click the gears icon.
- In PASSKEY, make sure there are at least 3 characters.
- Click “Save”.
- Click “Start Streaming” again.
For more information on the authentication settings available for Source-Live, please check this article.
In order to fix the second scenario, make sure to check the devices you have previously used to ensure that there is no active stream. If you believe you are receiving this error message by mistake, please contact the support team.
If you continue to receive this error message even after both of the fixes mentioned above, please contact our support team. Please mention that you have already gone through the other troubleshooting steps, and the issue has not been fixed.