Activating your iLok License
Please double-check the spelling, try a more generic search term, or try other search terms.
Table of Contents
- Download the iLok license manager
a. Download and install the iLok License Manager
b. Once it is installed, open it from your Applications folder or Program Files menu.
- Sign In
a. Sign in to your iLok.com account.
- Verify you have a license
- You should see your Source Elements software license on the right panel.
- Activate your license
- Right (control) click on the license you want to activate, and choose "Activate".
- Select your iLOK
- Click on the iLok to activate your license to so it highlights in blue. Now click "Activate".
- Wait for process to complete
- Always wait for the blue progress line to complete - don't unplug your iLok or close the iLok License Manager when you see this.
- You'll get this alert when your iLok license is activated - you can now launch your Source Elements software.
If you get "License days remaining: 0" it is an iLok activation error and can be resolved. This happens when you have an existing license that has expired, and a timing issue with the iLok licenses needs to be reset. In the rare event that this does not resolve the issue please contact us.
- Deactivate all licenses of the same type
Deactivate your unused or expired licenses if any, including the one you want to activate. You can do this by right-clicking on the license list under your iLok (not your main iLok account) and selecting "Deactivate" or drag the licenses back to your Account panel.
Right click on your iLok and choose "Sync/Repair".
- Activate your new license
Follow the usual steps at the top of this page, and activate only the new license that has not expired.