"There was an unexpected error" on Source-Live Gateway
Please double-check the spelling, try a more generic search term, or try other search terms.
Table of Contents
This article describes an error message related to Source-Live LL.
There was an unexpected error. Please try again.
Source-Live | Low Latency | All Operating Systems
When users try to access a stream of an on-going Source-Live LL broadcast, they receive the following error message:
First, check if the name of the user you were trying to join (live.source-elements.com/<username>) has any typos in it, or is simply incorrect. You can check if you're getting the error due to an incorrect streamer ID by:
- Opening your browser's developer tool (⌥ + ⌘ + I, for Chrome and Safari).
- Going to the "Network" tab.
- Checking the failed request, such as the one below. If you forgot to open the developer tool before connecting, try refreshing the page (the error will pop-up again when attempting to connect)
If the error message is NOT "invalid username", contact the support team for assistance. In your email, include:
- The word "URGENT" in the subject line.
- The exact error wording (if possible, send a screenshot).
- Your account name.