Source-Connect Pro and Multi-Connect
This article is part of the Source-Connect Pro and Pro X 3.9 User Guide
Multi-connect is only available as of version 3.9. You will therefore only be able to use this feature on Mac only.
With Source-Connect Pro, you can use the full features of Multi-Connect to create multiple connection points within one session, to hook up with more than one location and/or send more than one channel simultaneously. You can run up to 3 additional Source-Connect plug-ins in each session, giving you up to 3 stereo or 6 mono channels of audio, or 3 points of presence.
The possibilities of Multi-Connect are endless - contact us for more information.
How to set up and use Multi-Connect
To be able to Source-Connect to multiple locations simultaneously, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Every Source-Elements account can have three additional sub-accounts, so your accountname can have sub accounts accountname*a, accountname*b and accountname*c. This will give you the ability to have 4 Source-Connect connections per account (if you want to connect with more than 4 people, you will need more than one account).
- Copy and Paste the Source-Connect Pro application multiple times in your applications folder and rename each copy Source-Connect A, Source-Connect B, Source-Connect C, etc.
- Open Each copy and log in with the corresponding user name. For example, log in to Source-Connect A with username*a. The password will always be the same as the main accounts password.
- Assign separate ports and port forwarding rules for each copy of the program. For example, Source-Connect A might be username*A and using ports 6000 and 6001 (just enter 6000 in the application itself but port forward both UDP rules). Source-Connect B might be username*b and using ports 6002 and 6003 (just enter ports 6002 in the application itself but port forward both UDP rules)
- Since you can assign multiple Source Elements accounts to one iLok account, and each Source Elements account can have 3 sub accounts, you can have as many instances of Source-Connect Pro active as your computer and network have the capacity to run.
Click "Next" and read the following article for instructions on how to set up Source-Connect with 5 actors.
Make sure each of the talent’s that connects is on a separate talent account, NOT a sub account like Talent, Talent*a etc); it is advisable to set and test these ahead of session time. Therefore, if you are connecting to five separate locations, you will need five separate talent accounts. In the sample below, one engineer (Mr Account Name) connects to 8 talents:
- accountname connects to JOHN L
- accountname*a connects to PAUL M
- accountname*b connects to GEORGE H
- accountname*c connects to RINGO S
- accountname2 connects to ROGER D
- accountname2*a connects to PETE T
- accountname2*b connects to JOHN E
- accountname2*c connects to KEITH M
- The Q Manager can connect to multiple talents (i.e the Beatles and The Who) at once. Each talent must be on a separate individual account (i.e in a separate location) so that they are seen as discreet people.
- Only one instance of the Q Manager can be open at a time. The Q Manager won't take into account that accountname and accountname2 and all the sub-accounts are doing the connections at your end; it will just look at whether or not your session audio files is recording from all the discreetly different members of The Who and The Beatles.
- The Q Manager only works on stereo (multi-channel).