This article is part of the Source-Nexus Gateway User Guide
About Source-Nexus Free
Taking over the reigns of the 10-year-old service Source-Connect Now, Source-Nexus Free allows everyone to access the highest possible audio quality between browsers. Belonging to the Source-Nexus Suite family, Source-Nexus Free is an accessible, free version of the Gateway that works with any Source Elements account, no license required.
Source-Nexus Free is more advanced that Source-Connect Now as it supports all web browsers including Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Edge. It is also partially supported on iOS and iPad (certain audio limitations apply due to Apple's technical implementation).
What is included in the Free version?
The free version of the Source-Nexus Gateway means you can use the web application with only a Source Elements account. If you don't yet have one, go ahead and create it in the Source Elements user dashboard. Then, log into the Source-Nexus Gateway via https://nexus.source-elements.com/.
As a broadcaster, this is what the Source-Nexus Gateway Free version includes:
- An audio-only session, with a communication or broadcast quality (OPUS, 256kbps, mono only).
- Up to 5 participants per session, including yourself (the broadcaster).
- Users do NOT need to have an account.
- You (the broadcaster) do need to have one. Accounts are FREE.
- A built-in recorder, which records your audio only.
- A built-in talkback switch to turn on/off your microphone when needed.
- A passkey to protect your session from any unwanted guests.
- Advanced host controls: the ability to mute any participants and/or remove them, if necessary.
- Text messaging during your session.
- Go to https://nexus.source-elements.com
- Enter the Host username and click on Join Session
- The first time you use this, the Host must login and it will ask them to set the passkey.
- Now you can share your Source-Nexus Free link by clicking on the Info button and sharing your link with guests. You must separately provide them the passkey to join your session.
For tips and tricks how to manage your Source-Nexus Gateway, including Free, see:
Find the full playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLveBC73mPIKingKkYkKf-Ydr4xU-1OknB