Error 122 - Session establishment may be unsuccessful
This article contains troubleshooting information
Windows - Source-Connect #122: Session establishment may be unsuccessful: connection test failed and session is not local
Mac - ERROR #122: Because your port test failed, it is possible that you will not receive audio on your connection. If your Receive light does not blink when you are connected this is because of your network configuration. Check the "Use Source-Stream" option in the Advanced menu and try again or contact Support for assistance.
Source-Connect | All Versions | All Operating Systems
When users attempt to start a new call after performing a failed port test, they receive the following error message:
Your port test has failed before calling your contact.
- If you believe you got this error message by mistake, go to "Settings" and click "port test" again.
- If you and your connection partner have Source-Connect Standard or Pro 3.9 or higher, use Source-Stream
- Review the Network Guide: the most likely problem is that you do not have an open port and you must configure Port Forwarding (verify if the UDP ports are open on the firewall, and verify that the port forwarding on the router has been configured correctly).
- Disable any Anti-Virus tools you may be running, or local firewall applications: at least for testing.
- If you have IT support, ask them for assistance. Give them this Network Guide article to understand the requirements for Source-Connect.
Still having issues? Please contact our Support team.