Audio input is not connected or is used by another program
This article contrains troubleshooting information.
Audio input is not connected or is used by another program.
Source-Connect | 3.8 | Windows
When users attempt to select an audio input and/or output in Source-Connect, they receive the following error message on Windows:
On Windows, Source-Connect requires an ASIO driver to function.
In order to fix the error message:
- Check whether or not your interface has a multi-client audio driver. If it does, install the manufacturer's driver. Here is a list of compatible interfaces that provide audio drivers.
- If your interface does not have a multi-client audio driver and you want to troubleshoot on your own, try some of the following actions:
- If you already have an ASIO driver such as FlexASIO, ASIO4ALL, or if you are using the native Source Elements Audio Driver, make sure you have a device selected in the WDM Device list. You can do so by clicking the gears icon next to the "ASIO Driver" dropdown and make sure you have at least one device selected:
If the issue cannot be resolved, and the DAW supports Source-Connect Link, give it a try as well.
- For Source-Connect Standard on Windows, check out this guide.
- For Source-Connect Pro on Windows, check out this guide.
If you continue to have issues, please contact the Support team.