"ASIO driver stopped working" Error Message
This article contains troubleshooting information
ASIO driver stopped working. Probably it has been lost.
Source-Connect Pro | 3.8 | Windows
When users try to start a new Source-Connect session, they receive the following error message:
The interface or microphone does not have a true multi-client audio driver. Most quality interfaces are provided with a driver directly from the manufacturer.
In order to fix the error message:
- Check whether or not your interface has a multi-client audio driver. If it does, install the manufacturer's driver. Here is a list of compatible interfaces that provide audio drivers.
- If you don't feel confident troubleshooting this issue on your own, contact the Source Elements support team for a technical support session.
- If you are using ASIO4ALL, try completely disabling Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth. You can do so by going to the Device Manager > Software devices and disabling the device.
- If your interface does not have a multi-client audio driver and you want to troubleshoot on your own, try some of the following actions:
If the issue cannot be resolved, and the DAW supports Source-Connect Link, give it a try as well.
- For Source-Connect Standard on Windows, check out this guide.
- For Source-Connect Pro on Windows, check out this guide.
If you continue to have issues, please contact the Support team.