Common QManager issues
Please double-check the spelling, try a more generic search term, or try other search terms.
This article is part of the Source-Connect Standard 3.9 User Guide
The following are common reasons why Auto-Restore may fail.
- Check that Q is enabled. You should have a Q icon to the left of your Source-Connect receiving meter if you are the recording end, and on the Sending meter if you are the sending end. Verify that the Restore and/or Replace checkboxes are checked in the Source-Connect Pro Settings panel before establishing a connection.
- It is important that your connection partner using Source-Connect Pro properly understands how to use the Auto-Restore feature with their recording host.
- Q Manager should be launched: make sure you can view the Q Manager via the MenuBar icon and see the Q Manager window when the Q Manager is the front-most facing application.
- Files should be recorded while Source-Connect session was established. Files recorded when Source-Connect is not established will not appear for processing in your connection partner’s Q Manager.
- Sample-rate converting is not supported. Verify your connection is not sample-rate converting.
- Post-processed audio files will not be restore or replace compatible. It is strongly recommended that you avoid post-processing any files recorded by SourceConnect until you have fully restored or replaced the files you need. This also means not modifying the level of the track with the Link plugin whose output is routed to your record track.