iOS Setup and User Guide
Please double-check the spelling, try a more generic search term, or try other search terms.
This article is part of the Source-Talkback 1.3 User Guide
Download and install the Source-Talkback app on your iOS device:
Setting up your iOS Talkback app is a little different. Follow these steps:
1. Open Finder and go to Applications -> Utilities and open Audio MIDI Setup
2. On the Menu bar, go to Window -> Show MIDI Studio (or hit ⌘2)
3. Double click the Network icon (or click the "Configure Network Driver" button in the top right-hand corner)
Alternatively, in Pro Tools on the Menu bar, go to Setup -> MIDI -> MIDI Studio
4. Under My Sessions click the + icon to add a new MIDI Network Session.
5. Under Session, make sure Enabled is checked. You can change the Local Name of the session and the Bonjour Name of your computer here if you wish. Set Who may connect to me: to Anyone.
6. Now that your MIDI Network Session is active, you just need to connect your iOS device to the session.
First, be sure your device is connected to the same network as your host computer. Next, click the connect button in the app to connect to the session. The status bar along the top will show Connected once a connection is established.
7. Make sure your device is listed under Participants. If it is not, then select the device from the Directory and hit the Connect button. The device is not actually connected unless it shows under Participants even if the status bar on the app says Connected.
8. The default MIDI mappings on the Source-Talkback plugin match those on the app so now it is ready to use.
If the MIDI values have been changed either in the plugin or in the app, Learn MIDI will need to be used on the plugin to learn the new values.