Please double-check the spelling, try a more generic search term, or try other search terms.
Table of Contents
This article is part of the Source-LTC 1.0 User Guide
Source-LTC 1.0 is a standalone MIDI timecode to SMPTE LTC converter application for Mac OSX versions 10.10 and up.
It works in both directions converting MTC to LTC and LTC to MTC and does not require additional hardware.
Who is this for?
Source-LTC is intended for Mac users who need to either chase LTC or generate LTC but lack the hardware to do so.
For example, a user may need to send LTC down the right leg of a stereo connection:
- Send MTC from the DAW to Source-LTC.
- Source-LTC outputs the generated LTC audio to an audio driver.
- With Source-Nexus or hardware routing, the generated LTC can be sent down one of the legs of a stereo connection (left or right) to Source-Connect or other stereo connection methods.
Alternatively, a user may receive LTC from a stereo connection in Source-Connect:
- Feed the LTC to an audio driver that feeds into Source-LTC.
- Source-LTC generates MTC that can be directed to an IAC Midi input of the DAW for the DAW to chase.