iLok-Related Launch Issues and Windows
Please double-check the spelling, try a more generic search term, or try other search terms.
Table of Contents
This article contains iLok information
Step 1: Install the latest iLok drivers
You may not have the latest driver installed. Usually this is because the driver installer failed.
Try the steps below.
- From Windows' Add or Remove Programs feature, uninstall EVERY listing of "License Support" and "Interlok driver setup". Also the listings for "Visual C++ Redistributables" and "Visual C++ 64-bit Redistributables" with a publisher of PACE Anti-Piracy , Inc. should be uninstalled. Make sure not to uninstall Redistributables that don't have PACE as the publisher.
- Reboot the system.
- Install the latest InterLok Driver/License Support installer from the iLok site (and only this installer) via the following link. Make sure to run the installer with administrative privileges if installing on 8 or 10 64bit. This is done via a right-click of the installer and choosing "Run as administrator" from the menu.
Also make sure to disable all anti-virus software prior to running the installer.You can find the installer for the iLok Drivers at the iLok site: www.ilok.com
- Reboot the system.
Try reproducing the issue.
If the behavior persists after following the above steps, generate a brand-new system information file and provide the version numbers of the three previous files again (to confirm that they were updated after following the above steps).
Step 2: if above does not work:
Getting the system info:
You need to right-click on each of those items listed, and get properties. It will tell you the version number for each:
Please email us with the version numbers noted under Properties.
As different versions of the tools store the authorization log in different locations, the best method to find this document is to perform a system-wide search for the file name 'auth.log'. Please do not attempt to open this file as it is encrypted and opening may corrupt the data we will need.
- Run the "System Information" tool by clicking on the "Start" menu, "Programs", "Accessories", "System Tools", "System Information". Right click on the program's shortcut and click on "Run as administrator".
- Select "File" from the menu and then "Save"
- Make sure the "Save as type" is set to "System Information File (.NFO)"
Email these files to firstname.lastname@example.org.