Supported DAWs / Audio Hosts for Source-Connect Pro
Please double-check the spelling, try a more generic search term, or try other search terms.
Table of Contents
This article is part of the Source-Connect Pro and Pro X 3.9 User Guide
This is not a comprehensive list, please contact us if your DAW is not listed here.
- Pro Tools
- Digital Performer
- GarageBand (not recommended as will pin your session at 44.1khz, when most connect at 48khz as the current standard)
- Ableton Live
- Adobe Audition
- Studio One
Sample sessions to help you get started with Link here.
Unsupported hosts (will not work with the LINK plugin)
These hosts have been found to not work with Source-Connect Link plugin due to the way that they are configured to use plugins or due to incompatibilities. Note these are NOT DAWs - they are audio editing programs and therefore do not run plugins real-time. These can only be used to record on VO side for backups (on MAC) and without the use of the link plugin. On windows whether or not you can record with these at the same time as use source-connect will depend on the audio interface and if a true multi-client ASIO driver has been provided by the interface manufacturer. Windows will not share most plug and play audio drivers that install automatically when you plug the interface in.
- Twisted Wave
- Bias Peak
- FL Studio
How to set up Source-Connect Link and Reaper for recording
The following articles include instructions on how to set up Reaper and Source-Connect Link:
- Using Source-Connect and Reaper for recording on Mac for Studios
- Using Source-Connect and Reaper as a backup recording on Mac for Voice-Over Talents
- Using Source-Connect and Reaper as a backup recording on Windows for Voice-Over Talents
- Using Source-Connect and Reaper to record on Windows for Studios