Source-Connect Pro Compatibility
Please double-check the spelling, try a more generic search term, or try other search terms.
Table of Contents
This article is part of the Source-Connect Pro and Pro X 3.9 User Guide
Minimum System Support
Version 3.9 (Mac OSX only)
- Version 3.9 is compatible with Mac OSX version 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and up.
- Not available for Windows currently.
- Source-Connect Pro version 3.9 supports Pro Tools 10-12 (needs to run in 32-bit mode for Pro Tools 10) on Mac OSX.
Version 3.8 (Mac OSX & Windows)
- Source-Connect Pro X is only available for Mac.
- Version 3.8 is compatible with Mac OSX version 10.7 (Lion) to 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Version 3.8 is compatible with Windows 8.1 and up.
- Source-Connect Pro version 3.8 supports any Pro Tools version from 10.3.5 (needs to run in 32-bit mode) and up on Mac OSX.
- Source-Connect Pro version 3.8 supports Pro Tools 7 and up on Windows 8.1 and up.
- Windows: AAX / VST / RTAS (Pro Tools 7 and up).
- OSX: AAX / VST / AudioUnits / RTAS / HTDM (Pro Tools 6.4 and up).
- Or as a Standalone application:
- Mac OSX 10.4 and up
- Windows 8.1 and up
- Any VST 2.3 compatible host.
- Any compatible Audio Units host on 10.5 and up.
Minimum Computer Requirements
- G4 1ghz, 1GB RAM
- Pentium 4 (or equivalent), 2ghz, 1GB RAM
- Mac: If you install Source-Connect 3.8 or 3.9 and wish to run ReWire/Remote Transport Sync with 32-bit DAWs, you must configure the Source-Connect application in 32-bit mode.
- Windows: Source-Connect is NOT compatible with some Anti-Virus applications. Source-Connect components may be removed by some Anti-Virus software. Your computer system may crash if some Anti-Virus software and Source-Connect are operating at the same time. If your Anti-Virus application is configured to scan files you must disable this feature while using Source-Connect with Auto-Restore and Auto-Replace.