Source-Connect 3.9 Pro - Session Status
Please double-check the spelling, try a more generic search term, or try other search terms.
Table of Contents
This article is part of the Source-Connect Pro and Pro X 3.9 User Guide
When the session is successfully established, the current session properties are shown in the Status panel. You are informed of the bitrate quality and sample rate that is being sent and received, and whether you are sample-rate converting.
- Sending light: If the connection is successful your sending light will blink. If you do not have a sending light blinking but you do have a receive light, it is likely to be an audio application/hardware problem. Try restarting and verify your host settings.
- Receive light: If the connection is successful your receiving light will blink. If you do not have a receiving light blinking it is likely to be a firewall or other network problem. You should verify that the port test is successful on both sides. See the online Network Guide for more information.
Sample-rate: The sample-rate that Source-Connect is receiving The sample-rate listed below the sending and receiving status indicate the sample-rate that the codec within Source-Connect is working at and not necessarily the same sample-rate that the host application is set at. If they are different Source-Connect will indicate that it is sample-rate converting.
NOTE: Sample-rate converting is not compatible with Auto-Restore and AutoReplace or with Remote Transport Sync.
- ‘Q’ icon on sending meter: The other side has ‘Restore’ or ‘Replace’ checked in their Settings panel and is capable of requesting Restore and Replace processes. When you are sending Q processes Source-Connect will cache the entire session to your hard-drive. You can delete this cache via the Q Manager.
- ‘Q’ icon on receiving meter: You have ‘Restore’ or ‘Replace’ checked in your Settings panel and are capable of requesting Restore and Replace processes.
- Q Manager - IMPORTANT: If the Q icon has a red slash through it means that the Q Manager is not correctly configured however this will not affect your Source-Connect audio connection in any way. Please review Section 8 on Auto-Restore and Replace.