Common Q Manager issues for Source-Connect 3.9 Pro
Please double-check the spelling, try a more generic search term, or try other search terms.
This article is part of the Source-Connect Pro and Pro X 3.9 User Guide
A comprehensive guide is available online.
The following are common reasons why Auto-Restore and Auto-Replace may fail.
Verify the following:
- Check that Q is enabled. You should have a Q icon to the left of your Source-Connect receiving meter if you are the recording end, and on the Sending meter if you are the sending end. Verify that the Restore and/or Replace checkboxes are checked in the Source-Connect Pro Settings panel before establishing a connection.
- It is important that you do not have any audio plug-ins or volume level changes between the signal from Source-Connect and your record channel. You must have both the Source-Connect Link aux track and your record track set to 0dB or the Q Manager will not be able to process your files, and you cannot insert any other plug-ins between Source-Connect and your record track.
- Pro Tools errors, for example CPU errors, may cause the Q Manager to not detect the file. If this is the case, reapply the Q Manager with ‘Rescan all files’ selected or select ‘Scan file(s)’ from the Q Requests menu in the Activity panel.
Verify your Q Manager settings:
- Your username and password should be correctly entered
- Ensure that you have selected the correct Audio Files folder for your current Pro Tools session
- Ensure that your FTP settings are correct and accessible to the Q Manager.
- Q Manager should be launched: make sure you can view the Q Manager via the MenuBar icon. NOTE: Files which are recorded with Source-Connect when the Q Manager is not launched can be later processed by rescanning the Audio Files directory.
- Files should be recorded while Source-Connect session was established. Files recorded when Source-Connect is not established will not appear for processing in the Q Manager.
- Sample-rate converting is not supported. Verify your connection is not sample-rate converting.