Troubleshooting for Source-Connect Now
Please double-check the spelling, try a more generic search term, or try other search terms.
Table of Contents
This article is part of the Source-Connect Now User Guide
Listed below are some of the most common problems faced by users using the application
Apollo interfaces and Source-Connect Now
Please note that Apollo interfaces don't officially support Chrome on Windows. On Windows, Apollo devices act just like Generic Plug and Play Windows devices. The manufacturers' audio driver does not provide true cross-program ASIO capabilities and/or windows sharing, so they will only work with one program at a time - even with exclusive mode disabled.
Please try using any other Windows-supported interfaces, including Focusrite, PreSonus, Avid or RME. These manufacturers provide Audio Drivers that are known to be compatible with sharing on Windows and tend to work on Chrome.
Click "Allow" error message does not disappear
If the "Allow" alert does not disappear after clicking "Allow" on your browser, check the instructions for case 2 in this following article.
Source-Connect Now and Chrome 77
Chrome version 77 has introduced a bug where certain audio devices do not allow you to receive a signal.
In our tests, the workaround is very easy:
- Set your output device in the Source-Connect Now settings drop-down menu to "Built-in output"
- You should now see signal.
- Now you can choose the output device you wish to use.
If you continue to experience issues with the Chrome browser you have two options we can recommend:
- Use the Opera browser: Download Opera
- Use the downloadable, standalone application: Download Source-Connect Now 0.6.5 for Windows and Download Source-Connect Now 0.6.5 for MacOS.
Source-Connect Now login loop
If you are experiencing issues when logging into Source-Connect now, read through this article.
Source-Connect Now channel issues for input
With the newest version of Google Chrome, Source-Connect Now has started selecting both channels 1 and 2 for any audio device input, even if it is connected in Mono.
Source-Connect Now is provided as a free service. There are two methods available to receive support.
Purchasing a Support Session
You can also purchase a support session with our highly experienced team. Make sure to have the following information available during the session:
- Source-Connect Now version number (available on the website's header).
- System configuration (Operating system, computer hardware).
- Network configuration i.e. LAN, DSL, wireless etc.
- Bandwidth report, for example from http://speedtest net